Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Nicolle Rezwin-Typographic Expression/7 Deadly Sins Final



For the Typographic Expression/ 7 Deadly Sins Project, I decided to go with the Toy Story theme. I decided to go with this theme because I loved the Toy Story movie series and I thought a lot of the characters related with the 7 deadly sins. In the last class when I showed my ideas, I had Sheriff Woody as pride, Mr. Potato Head as anger, and Lotso’ Huggin’ Bear as greed. I kept Lotso and Mr. Potato Head with the same sins, but I decided to change Sheriff Woody’s sin to envy. I did this because even though Woody does have pride, it is not sinful pride. He is just proud to be Andy’s toy and will always be there for him. I chose envy for Woody because in the first Toy Story movie, Woody was a perfect fit for Envy. He was jealous of Buzz Lightyear and even tried to get rid of him by pushing him out the window. I chose Mr. Potato Head for wrath because throughout the movie series, he was an angry potato who always seemed angry. I chose Lotso' Huggin' Bear for greed because he’s greedy for power. He loved his owner, but got replaced because he got left behind on a trip. Lotso replaced his need for love with the need for power by taking over Sunnyside.
For my design, I decided to find quotes from all the movies that show why the character was greedy, envious, or displayed wrath. I outlined the character with these quotes. I also used individual letters for the eyes, nose, ears, mouth, and mustache. On the inside of each of the characters, I did a typographic image of the character with the letter I. For Lotso' Huggin' Bear, I put a regular "I" pattern and then I placed another set of "I's "on a diagnol. I did this because I wanted the letters to look like fur.  I also used the filter effects, sprayed strokes for each of the characters, I did this because I liked the look of it and it fit in well with the Toy Story theme. I wanted a simple and unified look for each of the characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment