Thursday, August 16, 2012

Syeda N Ali- Typographic Music Poster - My Heart Will Go On.


      For my Typographic music poster I decided to select the song from Titanic, "my heart will go on."There were several reasons why I picked this song in particular. The first one was that the moment I read about the project description, I wanted to do a song that touches the heart of an individual, and last forever in my mind, unlike many other songs. However, I wanted to also go for a typographic poster that is different than what I had done previously for my 7 deadly sins poster. I wanted to do something that is light, elegant, and memorable.      When I listen to the song "my heart will go on", I picture water and the colors that come to my mind are pastel like blue and yellowish. Thus, I tried to give my poster a look that portrays romance, light heartedness, yet intensity. The fonts I chose for the background are faded to some extend, but are visible, and are in the limelight as that is the main theme of the song. Although the song does not has a lot of beats and sounds etc, it has a consistency of flow, and the lyrics are strong but are said in an intense voice and pitch. I also tried to focus on the way the words are said,  for instance, the word "FAR" and "NEAR",  I tried to use the kerning in a way that depicts what I was thinking in my mind.       I also tried to give my music poster a look that is not jut straight text, hence I made the lyrics flow in a manner, I tried to use fonts that show some sort of connection between the lyrics and the words as well as the text. I chose a background that has a flare at the center, to emphasize of the significance of the main theme, that the "heart will go on" and that is the reason why I have the words written in bold in the background as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment