Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Ashley Soltis - Music Poster Final



My music poster is centralized around the song lyrics of Feist's "Mushaboom." The nature of the song is very airy and "tinkly," in a sense, as it incorporates a variety of undertones and shuffling beats from various percussion instruments. For the poster, I wanted to maintain that fluidity and keep it understated. I chose the same color palette for the entire piece to solidify unity, and used a gradient effect plus lower opacities to give it that open, airy feel. The word "mushaboom" itself is something of a whisper and I distributed the word in the background multiple times to imply a hushed sound, and portray the amount of times it is spoken in the song, under the main course of the lyrics. The font I chose was Sylfaen, which is a serif font similar to Times New Roman, but it is a litte more updated and reminds me of a storybook. The song talks about the woods and running away to a "little house barely on the map," so I imagined it rather fit the fairytale-esque tone of the song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYF0qU5WSew

No comments:

Post a Comment