Monday, August 13, 2012

Bull - Roy Lichtenstein

The Roy Lichtenstein exhibit we visited as a class was one of the most memorable experiences in taking this course. For the whole time the exhibit has been in Chicago, I have really wanted to go but have never got the chance until last week. It was an eye opening experience that I am so glad I got to participate in. Lichtenstein's beautiful way of combining comic book graphics with large canvas and paint was right up my alley when it comes to artistic interest. My favorite part of the exhibit was his cubist work where he really got into different textures and backgrounds. His dot approach was an excellent transition to the faux wood used in some of his later work. Towards the end of the exhibit there was a series of landscapes he did that were astonishingly simple but captured just the right deal of detail. Even in his later year Lichtenstein produced beautiful pieces of art. It was very special for me to view his work in such a beautiful environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment