Thursday, August 9, 2012

Ashley Soltis - Seven Deadly Sins Final





 
My Seven Deadly Sins project is composed of three iconic Disney villains. The villains I decided to pair with a sin are Maleficent (wrath), Cruella De Vil (greed), and the Evil Queen from Snow White (envy). I was inspired by the recent release of the Disney Designer Villains collection, as well as MAC's makeup line of Venomous Villains. The font I used is Incised Black Wide, which I downloaded from dafont.com. The text I used for inside the character is Georgia, to maintain a polished and legible appearance. The tutorial I used to assist me in this process is located at this address:
http://www.webdesignfact.com/2012/01/typographic-portrait-in-photoshop.html

I found dialogue that represented the character, typed it out, and used blending modes in Photoshop to distribute the text over the image. I also utilized an inner shadow for the main text of the sin, to give the piece more depth. I felt I should keep the larger text simple, yet I wanted it to have a devilish look. I applied the same effect to the image. I feel this aided in making the piece more shadow-y and not just stark blackness.

No comments:

Post a Comment