Thursday, August 16, 2012

Mos Def Music Poster



Here is my Mos Def grafitti poster. I chose to do a grafitti style design poster because I feel that this not only represents the "Love" song more, it also represents Mos Def and hip hop. The beat has more of an urban feel to it which is why I had this poster look more urban. I also feel like this poster represents more of love in community as what Mos Def talks about. I honestly like this design better than my previous design. I chose this specific typeface for the word love because it feels more grafitti like and more authentic. I wanted to get that point of authenticity across with the different type designs that I have. What I've also done is put lots of grafitti like designs on my poster but I still have some space between the wall. The reason being is that when I was listening to a lot of the lyrics, Mos Def mentions more about building a community than a built community. I thought of building a community as a process of it's there but not quite. The reason why love is emphasized in this image is because love is what's emphasized in the song. Really he mentions many aspects of love including love of community and love of oneself which could manifest into love of community. Mos Def is one of my favorite artists which is why I chose to do this poster. I thought to myself, you might as well do an artist that interests you because you'll enjoy doing the poster more. I feel that this poster represents Mos Def's style because he's more of an urban poet than a rapper. This piece has more of that urban poetic feel which is what I was going for. I really liked how this poster turned out overall.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyGGsBSpg90


No comments:

Post a Comment