Monday, July 23, 2012

Alex Bull Typography Anatomy

WAGOE
 I chose Courier for my Serif font because I like it's use mainly. This font is very easy to read with its rounded slabs and is the standard font for all typewriters. It is also the customary typeface used for scripts. It is a monospaced typeface meaning all the letters have the same space between them. I associate this typeface mainly with government documents and typewriters. The capital and lower case W are the same width apart but the bottom points come in closer on the lower case. The capital O is oblong while the lower case is a circle. The lower case A has a distinguished design which I favor in that letter. My favorite letter of this typeface is the uppercase Q. The slab just gracefully lies under the letter.

I chose Geneva for my Sans-Serif. Geneva caught my attention because of its unique history. This typeface was created for Apple systems is a version of Helvetica. Helvetica is a very popular font in advertising and Geneva is also present in some logos. The lower and upper case O both has oval shapes in this font which differs from Helvetica. The bottom part of the upper case Q almost touches the next letter that follows it.

No comments:

Post a Comment