Monday, July 23, 2012

Nicolle Rezwin- Typography Anatomy



 The first font that I chose for a serif font is called Garamond. I chose the Garamond font because it has a clean look to it and also almost all the characters have the same size stroke weight. I also like this font because it easy to read and has simple style lettering. The font almost reminds me of Times New Roman which also has a clean and simple look to it.  Garamond was named after punch-cutter Claude Garamond. The font is used to name old style serif fonts.  I can see Garamond being used for almost anything such as the text for books, magazines,  or movies. In fact, the most popular books that have used Garamond are Harry Potter series and the books by. Dr. Seuss. If the Garamond font was a car, I would compare it to a regular pickup truck. It is not too flashy, easy to use, and best known to always get the job done.

 


 The second font that I chose is Segoe Print for the Sans Serif font. I liked the font because it had the look of a cursive font, but it was not hard to read like a cursive font.  I like how the font has the same stroke weight throughout its characters as well as its different curves. It almost looks like the font is engraved into the paper. Segoe Print was created by Steve Matteson and the Segoe font family is  used in Microsoft’s branding.  I can see Segoe Print being used on really nice stationary because it is easy to read with an elegant twist. If I were to compare Segoe Print to a type of car, I would compare it to a Cadillac. The car has a fancy look to it and has all the bells and whistles, but it is not as fancy as a Lexus or Lamborghini.  




http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garamond
 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Segoe

No comments:

Post a Comment