Thursday, July 26, 2012

Nicolle Rezwin- Final Found Type Project


Top Left: Brewster’s Italian Restaurant     Top  Middle: The Café      Top Right: The Dollar Store
Middle Left: Casey’s Bar and Grill    Middle: New Buffalo Savings Bank    Middle Right: Sakari Nail Spa
Bottom Left: George’s Hair Styles       Bottom Middle: Nancy’s Hot Dogs    Bottom Right: Rosie’s Restaurant
The inspiration for my Found Text Project came from my weekend trip to downtown New Buffalo, Michigan. The town is very small with lots of rich history and is just off the shoreline of Lake Michigan. The town has very small shops and restaurants with a beach theme to  all of them. I wanted to capture these shops and restaurants in my project. I like the town because you feel like your part of a closely knit community and it has a homey feeling to it for a vacation destination.
Since last class, I have added two more images. This includes Brewster’s Italian restaurant and a new clearer image of the clock with the New Buffalo Savings on it.
 For my design, I decided to color coordinate the found text as well as try to put the same font types together. From left to right diagonally I put images with the color black in it. Also on the top I decided to color coordinate pictures with green in them and at the bottom of the grid, I put images with red colors together. In the middle of the grid, I put the only black image with the light yellow text. To compliment this picture, I added the Dollar Store image because it also had a light yellow color to it. In the second row, the image on the left, Casey’s Bar and Grill, has a hint of grey in it. While I added in the third row the middle picture, Nancy’s, also has a hint of grey to it. Also in the second row the last image, The Nail Salon, has a hint of grey in it as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment